Register here to use CyberGISX. A Github username is currently required to access CyberGISX.
Virtual ROGER, CyberGISX and other resources provided by the CyberGIS Center for Advanced Digital and Spatial Studies (CyberGIS Center) are intended to support collaborative, interactive, and scalable knowledge discovery in the vibrant and interdisciplinary field of CyberGIS. Any other use of these resources may be allowed at the sole discretion of the CyberGIS Center. This document outlines policies designed to meet the legal and other obligations to protect shared resources as well as the intellectual property of users.
Virtual ROGER and CyberGISX is hosted at the CyberGIS Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign; therefore you are also agreeing to by the University's Information Security Policy
All Users are responsible for complying with this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and for violations thereof attributable to them. This AUP does not obligate the CyberGIS Center to monitor, review, or police the data and content residing on its servers, or create any obligation or duty to any party that is not a User. Unless and until notified, the CyberGIS Center is not likely to be aware of any violations of this AUP or any violations of the law; however the CyberGIS Center reserves the right to monitor and investigate usage and content from time to time, to identify violations of this AUP, and/or to protect the CyberGIS Center resources and our User community. THE CYBERGIS CENTER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR THE DATA AND CONTENT TRANSMITTED THROUGH OR INTERMEDIATELY, TEMPORARILY, OR PERMANENTLY STORED ON ANY SERVER OR VIRTUAL MACHINE AND FOR THE ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF USERS.This AUP:
Users must use reasonable care to ensure the security of their accounts, uploads, images, virtual machines (VMs), etc. A User is solely responsible for any intrusions into, or security breaches of any of its resources, except as otherwise covered by a specifically designated security administration or firewall security service package. The CyberGIS Center reserves the right to disconnect without notice any Users or any hardware objects on CyberGIS Center resources as a result of a security compromise.Users agree to:
Project PIs and Collaborators are responsible for properly vetting users on their allocations and by doing so they are attesting that the CyberGIS Center username belongs to the intended person.
Users agree to only use CyberGIS Center allocated resources to perform work and transmit/ store data consistent with the stated request and conditions when your project/account was approved and this CyberGIS Center Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Users are prohibited from engaging in any activities that the CyberGIS Center determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, to constitute abuse or unacceptable uses, including but not limited to:
Use of resources and services through the CyberGIS Center is at your own risk. There are no guarantees that resources and services will be available, that they will suit every purpose, or that data will never be lost or corrupted. Users are responsible for backing up critical data. The CyberGIS Center reserves the right to suspend access at any time, without notice, for technical reasons, possible policy violations, security or other concerns.
Scratch space on the may be cleared regularly. Users should not store important data in the scratch space and are advised to move important data to their personal or project directories upon job completion. Data stored in personal and project space may be made accessible to the supervisor or principal investigator of the project which you are part of.
The CyberGIS Center reserves the right to deactivate a User's account(s) if any or all portions of this AUP are being violated in any way, in the CyberGIS Center’s sole and absolute discretion.
User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the CyberGIS Center and its staff, directors, agents, and collaborators from and against any claims, losses, judgments, damages, costs, and expenses incurred by any of the foregoing parties due to or resulting from:
We maintain the right to modify these Acceptable Use Policy and may do so by posting modifications on this page. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting the modification unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of any modification signifies your acceptance of that modification. You should regularly visit this page to review the current Acceptable Use Policy.
The purpose of this website, https://cybergisxhub.cigi.illinois.edu/ is to provide information to You related to “CyberGISX Project” (“Project”). This Project aims to enable open access and sharing of computation- and data-intensive geospatial analytics, under Apache 2.0 license agreement. The initial version of the Project (“Original Project”), was developed by the CyberGIS Center for Advanced Digital and Spatial Studies (CyberGIS Center) and is solely owned by The Board of Trustees of the Illinois of Illinois. The Site and its content is made available by the Board of Trustees of the Illinois of Illinois (“Illinois”, “we”, “our”, “us”), on behalf of the CyberGIS Center. The Site is owned by the Illinois.
The Terms are governed by Illinois’s web privacy notices and policy links presented here:
You hereby accept that all intellectual property, including copyrights, and other proprietary rights in or related to Original Project and Site are, and will remain, the exclusive property of Illinois, whether or not specifically recognized or perfected under applicable law. As End User, You will not take any action that jeopardizes Illinois’s proprietary rights.
You agree to credit and attribute the authors and creators of Project that You use with the copyright notice or statement of credit/attribution as customarily acceptable in industry.
In no event shall Illinois or its employees be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the content on Site, even if Illinois or a Illinois authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Illinois reserves the right to modify the Site and may discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice to You. Illinois may likewise change the Terms from time to time with or without notice to you. You agree to review the Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued access to the Site after the modifications have become effective shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms.
If you violate or fail to comply with any of these Terms or in Illinois’ sole discretion restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Site, Illinois may terminate your access to the Site account without notice to You.
Version 1.0 February 9, 2021
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the CyberGISX Project. In order to contribute, you will need to provide your name and contact information and sign this CyberGISX Project Contributor License Agreement, which sets the terms and conditions of the intellectual property license granted with your contributions.
This CyberGISX Project Contributor License Agreement (“Agreement”) is by and between you, any person or entity (“You” or “Your”) and the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, a body corporate and politic of the State of Illinois (“Illinois”). Please read this document carefully before signing and keep a copy for your records. By signing this Agreement or making a “Contribution” to the “CyberGISX Project” as defined below (even if You do not sign), You agree to the following:
1. “CyberGISX Project” is an open-source software project that aims to enable open access and sharing of computation- and data-intensive geospatial analytics with computational reproducibility and transparency support available under Apache 2.0 license agreement: https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
2. “Contribution” means all of Your contributions of object code, source code, content, and documentation, and any modifications thereof, to the CyberGISX Project.
3. “Licensed Patents” mean patent claims licensable by You which are necessarily infringed by the making, using, selling, offering for sale, having made, import, or transfer of either Your Contribution alone or when combined with the CyberGISX Project.
4. “Representation.” You represent the following to the best of your knowledge:
a. You are at least 18 years of age and have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the rights in and to the Contribution as set forth herein (individuals who are under 18 years of age and who wish to contribute to the CyberGISX project may not enter into this Agreement, but may contact CyberGISX at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore alternatives);
b. If your employer has rights to intellectual property that You create as part of the Contribution, You represent that You have obtained permission from Your employer to make the Contribution on behalf of that employer, or Your employer waived any rights in and to Your Contribution, or Your employer authorizes the Contribution and agrees to be bound by the terms herein by signing as an entity below;
c. That either:
1. all documentation and code in the Contribution is Your original work and includes complete details of any third-party license and any other restriction (including, but not limited to related patents and trademarks) of which You are personally aware and which are associated with any part of Your Contributions; or
2. any part of the Contribution that is not Your original creation is submitted to CyberGISX separately from any original Contribution, includes the complete details of its source and any corresponding license and any other restriction (including, but not limited to related patents, trademarks, and license agreements) of which You are personally aware, and is conspicuously marked as "Submitted on behalf of a third party: [named here]".
d. That Your Contribution does not include any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code or other harmful or destructive content;
e. The CyberGISX Project delivered under this Agreement may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree to comply strictly with all such laws and regulations and acknowledge that You have the responsibility, at Your own expense, to obtain such licenses to export, re-export, or import as may be required; and
f. Your Contribution does not include any encryption technology and no government license or permission is required for the export, import, transfer or use of the Contribution.
5. Notification. Your representations are accurate, and You agree to notify Illinois of any facts or circumstances of which You become aware that would make any of Your representations inaccurate in any respect.
6. License grant to Contributions. You grant to Illinois and to recipients of the CyberGISX software (collectively, “Recipients”), a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free unrestricted license to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, and sublicense the Contribution, and such derivative works, in source code and object code forms.
7. License grant to Patents.
8. No support. Except for the rights granted to Recipients above, You reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Your Contribution. You are not expected to provide support for your Contributions.
9. No Warranties. Subject to Your representations above, Your Contributions are provided on an “AS-IS” basis WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (express or implied), including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranty of non-infringement.
10. No Liability. Illinois, its trustees, directors, officers, employees, students, and agents have no liability for any infringement of any copyright, patent, or other right of third parties in connection with any Contributions, the CyberGISX Project, or CyberGISX software, and are not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages arising in connection with any Contribution, the CyberGISX Project, or CyberGISX software.
11. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Illinois and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, licensees, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Contributions You submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the CyberGISX Project, as well as Your use of the CyberGISX software; connection to the CyberGISX Project; or violation of any rights of another.
12. You agree that Illinois may assign this Agreement and CyberGISX Project to any third party without notice or consent.
13. Illinois is under no obligation to accept or include Your Contribution to the CyberGISX Project.
14. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, excluding its conflict of laws provisions.